KitchenLab

My Recipes. My Kitchen. My Blog.

My Photo
Name:

Physician by profession, artist by vocation.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Poached Eggs

One thing about dieting is that it forces you to look for alternatives to high-calorie, high-fat food. That means exploring alternative cooking techniques as well. I wanted fried eggs today, but didn't feel like I wanted all that excess oil in my slowly flattening tummy.

Enter poached eggs.

I successfully poached my first eggs today. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and the texture as well as flavor was just right. If you're the type who likes warm egg yolk running over his steamed rice while enjoying your tapa, tocino, longganisa or tuyo, then poached eggs are for you.

I had to look for a simple egg-poaching method on the internet, and this is the recipe I followed. It turned out really well for me--maybe it will for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home