KitchenLab

My Recipes. My Kitchen. My Blog.

My Photo
Name:

Physician by profession, artist by vocation.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

KitchenLab Loves Fresh Tarragon Tea

Those of you who have dined at Sonya's Secret Garden and Antonio's in Tagaytay will probably have tried fresh tarragon tea already. The first time I had it was at Sonya's and I was amazed at how great-tasting and soothing it was, for something so simple to make. It is, to me, the perfect after-meal drink to soothe the tired tummy.

And since we here at KitchenLab are fans of the uncomplicated, fresh tarragon tea is something we love. To make it, simply buy a tarragon plant from your local market or plant store (it's really not difficult to find) and keep it alive for as long as possible. Cut or pinch off a sprig, wash it, put it in a cup, and fill with boiling water. Wait a few minutes and serve.

Try to use a white mug (or something that looks Shabby Chic-ish) when serving to guests. The green of the tarragon leaves plays off beautifully with the white of the mug. I guess you could also serve it with honey if you like.

Tell me if you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home